CORE INDUSTRIAL is a non-union entity which offers a full complement of industrial equipment related services, site maintenance, rentals and skilled labour. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. CORE Industrial takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Maintenance Site Supervisor, you will operate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. You will be responsible for safely executing various millwrighting duties and you will be required to follow all policies and procedures and legislation required to operate the equipment safety.
This position will be located at the BHP Mine Site near Jansen, SK. The position will follow a 14 on / 7 off shift schedule.
This is a camp-based position. Jansen Discovery Lodge at BHP is a state-of-the-art camp that includes the following: full service cafeteria, housekeeping, gym with a raised running track, hockey rink, library, and theatre.
- Inspection, installation, adjustment and maintenance of mechanical machines and equipment on site.
- Machine troubleshooting, repair, assembly, and preventative maintenance.
- Dismantling, repairing, and assembling equipment as required and in-line with manufacturers specifications and recommended standards.
- Thorough knowledge and use of a micrometer, dial indicators, and other tools necessary to achieve the settings and tolerances required.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis, pre and post operating.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or wear and/or damage of equipment to supervisor in order to facilitate corrective action and meet federal regulations.
- Safely work from a ladder, platform, staging scaffold or mobile basket.
- Working at heights will be required.
- Strong knowledge in general maintenance & millwrighting
- Journeyman Red Seal Millwright or 3rd & 4th Year Apprentice Millwrights preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and construction drawings and initiate drawing changes
- Ability to weld is an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Effective, self-managing, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative
- First Aid / Safety Tickets an asset
With this opportunity, CORE Industrials offers a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages, a comprehensive group benefit plan.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate has been hired.