South East Construction L.P. is a union-based, multi-trade, industrial construction and maintenance company scalable to any project size and scope. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. South East Construction L.P. takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Site Superintendent, as the Water Treatment Operator you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the Water Plant. You will also be required to follow all policies and procedures in a safe and appropriate manner.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong initiative, leadership and excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position also requires developed analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to work effectively both independently and within a team dynamic.
This position will be based on a 15/13 shift schedule, 10 hours/day.
This position will be located at BHP Mine Site – Lanigan, SK. This is a camp-based position. Jansen Discovery Lodge at BHP is a state-of-the-art camp that includes the following: full-service cafeteria, housekeeping, gym with a raised running track, library, and theatre.
- Attend and be an active participant in morning toolbox meetings and weekly safety meetings.
- Adhere to the company and site requirements and policies and participate in the safety programs on site.
- Operate a Class 2 Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant and a Class 2 water distribution system.
- Operate the Fire Water Pump House and Raw Water Pump House.
- Operate and maintain the facilities in accordance with the recommendations and procedures outlined by the OEM equipment vendors.
- Operate facility in accordance with any Federal Regulations, Requirements, Acts or Legislation.
- Operate facility in an efficient manner, which reduces overall capital and operational lifecycle cost.
- Start-up, shut down, making periodical operation checks of plant equipment such as pumping systems, chemical pumps, instrumentation equipment, measuring and control systems.
- Maintain plant records, including operating logs, daily diaries, monthly and annual reports, chemical inventories, equipment inventories, and data logging duties.
- Operate facility in which fully complies with all pertinent Saskatchewan Ministry of the Environment Acts and Regulations, provide any required information and compliance sampling results to Inspectors designated under the Act in a timely manner.
- Comply to the requirements of the Quality Assurance Plan for the plant.
- Ensure completion of all required activities, Quality Assurance and compliance sampling, operational and compliance reporting, consumable monitoring and order placement and any other additional tasks as assigned.
- Perform corrective maintenance on plant mechanical equipment, for example chemical feed pumps, online analyzers, pumps, piping, valves, etc.
- Record all data, including daily flows, chemical usages, pump run times, water test results etc.
- Maintain, as directed, the water and wastewater plant grounds and buildings including the periodic cleaning of walls, floors and windows and the painting of buildings and equipment.
- Other duties as required to support requirements of maintenance contract on site.
- Water Treatment Class II and Water Distribution Class II, licensed to practice in the Province of Saskatchewan
- Wastewater Operator Certificate (Class III), licensed to practice in the Province of Saskatchewan will be advantageous
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Effective self-managing, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative and be a team player
- Basic computer knowledge
- Preference to candidates that possess the following safety tickets: First Aid & AED/CPR, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space, CSTS-09, CSO, Ground Disturbance Level 2
- Physical ability to perform work
- Pre-employment medical exam and drug test will be required
This opportunity provides for a complete compensation package including fair and equitable wages based on certification class and a comprehensive group benefit plan.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for South East Construction LP.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate is hired.