KDM Constructors is a Saskatchewan-based general contracting, project management, and skilled trades service provider. KDM Constructors is majority-owned by Kawacatoose First Nation, Day Star First Nation, and Muskowekwan First Nation. Our company is able to reinforce the trusted relationships individually built by each community to progress forward as a collective.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for all field personnel and the supervision managing them and the day-to-day safety and performance of the site crews and coordinating projects to completion with the client, subcontractors, and the Site Safety Team.
This position will be 8 days on, 6 days off rotation, 10.5 -hours per day shift. This schedule may be subject to change based on the needs of the client.
This position will be located at BHP Mine Site – Jansen, SK. This is a camp-based position. Jansen Discovery Lodge at BHP is a state-of-the-art camp that includes the following: full-service cafeteria, housekeeping, gym with a raised running track, library, and theatre.
- Coordinate with client and other site contractors to complete planned work with minimal delays.
- Review daily tasks with the Supervisors.
- Assume responsibility for the care and control of the site conditions.
- Assume responsibility for field change management and communicate to site manager and client as per site requirement.
- Review work plans and assist in scoping out work.
- Review and approve the timeline and schedule for all site services and Maintenance activities.
- Assist Supervision with coordinating activities of all staff and subcontractor services.
- Review permitted work and documentation.
- Audit critical work and ensure work is being completed to developed work plan and any modifications captured in at the face prior.
- Review work orders, subcontractor reports, assess labour productivity, equipment down time, and recommend improvements to the Project Manager.
- Oversee subcontractor management by field supervision (ensure Supervision has reviewed & understands JHA’s, SOP’s, SWP) and ensure site compliance prior to coming to site.
- Verification of costs associated with equipment repairs, rentals, or purchases.
- Attend and be an active participant in daily toolbox and weekly safety meetings.
- Attend weekly Client meetings as requested by the PM and represent company in a professional manner.
- Ensure Supervision has sufficient field time to manage the work, to be accountable to field productivity and monitor safety habits.
- Understand and manage the fatigue management rules for site.
- Ensure all General Foreman and Foreman are competent to complete the tasks requested of them.
- Ensure the use of sound construction/maintenance practices to attain and retain required quality control.
- Working with Stakeholders aligning subcontractors and updating work schedules for the trades.
- Ensure all applicable provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are upheld and enforced; working with the Safety Coordinators to ensure any findings are addressed in a timely manner to ensure the safety of personnel, property, and equipment.
- Ensure applicable SOP’s and JHA’s are written, adhered to, and revised per Industry best practices.
- Ensure effective implementation of all Company and client policies and procedures including but not limited to labour relations, policies, visions, and ideas.
- Refer to Supervisor Weekly Checklist
- Field Audits as per site requirement including planned task observation and critical control observation.
- Review and sign off safe work plans before work commences.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Minimum 5 years in this similar role.
- Effective self-management, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing, and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative and be a team player.
- Intermediate / Skilled computer knowledge is a requirement.
- Pre-employment medical exam and drug test will be required.
- SAP Experience
- Permitting Knowledge
- Directing Multi Trade Disciplines
- Comfortable with Public Speaking
- Chair meetings and Toolbox Talks
- Planning Ability
- Good Understanding of schedule building, Manpower loading.
- Ability to manage third party Contractors daily.
- Good understanding in Civil construction, and mechanical trades.
- Request P. O’s and knowledge regarding TimberScan.
With this opportunity, a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan will be offered.
All peoples of indigenous background are strongly encouraged to apply directly through Export Data. Export Data provides access to job opportunities and support with resume construction. Once you create a personal profile you will receive notification of all future job postings for KDM Constructors.
Alternatively, you can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for KDM Constructors. We encourage Indigenous peoples and women to self-declare when applying for opportunities with KDM Constructors.
Our recruiting process may include the requirement to pass a medical exam and drug test and may be comprised of a Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification Reference Check and Driving Record Check.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate has been hired.